Welcome! This is a wiki for me, my family, and connected relatives to use in collaboratively working on our genealogy. This site does not seek to replace our individual records. This site seeks to provide a forum where me and my family can document our current research for each other's benefit. The site should not contain details on the living beyond names for some, with some connections to relatives. (Certainly, no young children should even be named or referred to.)
I have been working to add photos of ancestors and scanned images of source documents. If you have any source documents, your contribution is welcome.
Places of Interest
- Root Person (A place to start exploring.)
- Sean Marvin Cox
Connections to History
- Loyalists of the American Revolution
- Many of the children of John and Catherine Cryderman received land in Canada from the British government as part of a program to help loyalist and their children after the American colonists won their independence.
- California Gold Rush
- Dr. Grandison Franklin German took part in the California gold rush. (See: Obituary)
- Dust Bowl
- Daniel Franklin Cox lived in Oklahoma during the dust bowl and died there before the family of "Okies" left for California.
- George Shoup, Sr. was the first brother (Church of the Brethren) in Beavercreek, Ohio. His son, Moses W. Shoup was an Elder in the Church of the Brethren. William J. Shoup, Moses's grandson, wrote the book "Ammi-My People".
16 July 2017
|19:34||Henry County, Virginia (diff | hist) . . (+103) . . Seanmcox (→Resources: Added resource.)|
|18:32||Gabriel Frost (diff | hist) . . (+334) . . Seanmcox (→Marriage Records: Added source.)|
|18:31||Source:Census/United States of America/1840 (diff | hist) . . (+334) . . Seanmcox (Added citation.)|
|18:29||File:1840 U.S. Census - Reeds Creek Township, Lawrence, Arkansas, page 7 or 3 of 10.jpg (diff | hist) . . (+104) . . Seanmcox (Added link.)|
(Upload log) . .
. . Seanmcox uploaded File:1840 U.S. Census - Reeds Creek Township, Lawrence, Arkansas, page 8 or 4 of 10.jpg (Previous Page Line 27 documents the family of Gabriel Frost. The citation below is of uncertain value. It links to the record where we found the correct...)
. . Seanmcox uploaded File:1840 U.S. Census - Reeds Creek Township, Lawrence, Arkansas, page 7 or 3 of 10.jpg (Line 27 documents the family of Gabriel Frost. The citation below is of uncertain value. It links to the record where we found the correct image. However, these images come from Ancestry.com, per familysearch's documentation and the images have be...)
- Surname Reference
- Source Material Collections
- Categories (Dead Ends and Loose Ends)
- Personal Ancestral File Export (Has some things not contained in the wiki, but the wiki has more recent and more detailed source material information.)