George Shoup, Sr.
|Martin Schaub, Jr.||(family)|
|George Shoup, Sr.|
- 12 Feb 1755
- Frederick, Maryland
- Hagerstown, Washington, Maryland
- 8 Oct 1812
- Beaver Creek Twp, Green, Ohio
- Mt Zion Church, Beaver Creek Twp, Greene, Ohio
George Shoup was the first brother (Church of the Brethren) in Beavercreek. (From History of the Church of the Brethren of the Southern District of Ohio by the Historical Committee. Otterbein Press, Dayton Ohio 1920)
A Shoup Family Bible is listed as a source for this individual's information on the materials gathered by Seanmcox. No Shoup Family Bible is known to be in the possession of any close relatives, and George is not listed in any known family Bible. The only known family Bible which pertains to this line is the Heck Family Bible. The Heck Family Bible, however, does not go this far back.
Headstone of George Shoup, Sr.
- History of Green County, Ohio
- George F. Robinson
- File:History of Greene County, Ohio, by George F. Robinson.pdf
- pp. 375, 418
- His paternal great-grandfather. George Shoup,' located in Beavercreek township in 1796, having removed to Ohio from Hagerstown, Maryland, which was the old home of his ancestors who had come from Switzerland to the new world during the latter part of the seventeenth century. Soon after his arrival George Shoup entered two sections of land in Beavercreek township, and devoted his attention to the development and improvement of the farm. He was also a minister of the German Baptist church, and engaged in proclaiming the gospel throughout his portion of the country, his influence contributing in no small degree to the moral development of his community.