Margaret Ann Estes
|Margaret Ann Estes||James M. Estes||(family)|
|Nancy Berry or East|
- 2 Nov 1829
- Lincoln Co., Kentucky
- 17 Feb 1887
- Lincoln Co., Kentucky
- http://www.lincolnky.com/CountyClerk.htm Lincoln County Clerk. (Works in the Lincoln County Court House and serves as a point of contact for old records.)
- "Kentucky Marriages, 1785-1979," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:F4ST-M3D : 4 December 2014), Nathan Daugherty and Margaret Estis, 03 Jun 1852; citing Lincoln, England, reference ; FHL microfilm 216,832.
Online Individually Published Genealogies
- http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~madgenealogist/DaughertyMichaelM-sonChas.html (Lists daughter, "Dorcas" Ann Daugherty, along with parents.)
- http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~eazier1/East/Biography07.htm (Seems to list Margaret's mother and family.)
- http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~eazier1/East/Biography09.htm (Includes biography of sister, "Ellender", which goes a long way to make sense out of some oddities in the 1850 census.)
- http://www.estes-eastes.org/heritage4/pafg19.htm (Some good genealogical information to keep in mind on the Estes side when I feel comfortable moving this line further back.)
- http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/m/i/t/Dee-Mitchell/ODT5-0003.html (Also good for the Estes side of the family.)
- http://www.myhubbardmtn.com/family%20htm/estes.htm (Links in Margaret to both Nathan Daugherty and this Estes family, but skips James to link Margaret directly to her grandfather, Abraham. Contains some likely valuable information and indicated that there is an Estes cemetery in New Salem, Kentucky that should be worth checking out to help corroborate things. Reiterates the currently recorded birthdate which doesn't match well with the 1850 census.)
- The following is from an email communication with Lanny Hubbard.
- HI Sean
- I went down to the court house yesterday and found Nathan and Margaret's marriage cert. There was a statement with it that read.
- May the 29th 1852.
- I here by agree to the marriage contract between Nathan Daugherty and My daughter Margaret this day and date.
- signed James Estes.
- I must have missed James in my research. I had margaret being the daughter of Abraham. But this prove that Margaret was
- the daughter of James and Nancy East...