Mary Elizabeth Tetrault
|Jacques Tetrault, III||(family)|
|Mary Elizabeth Tetrault|
- 14 Aug 1890
- Southbridge, Massachusetts
- 28 Jul 1919
- 468 Park Ave., Worcester, Worcester, Massachusetts
- Cerebral Embolus Puerperal
- 30 Jul 1919
- Notre Dame Cemetery, Southbridge, Massachusetts
"Tetrault" or "Tetreault" seems to be most correct, taking it to be a French name and is also given as Tatro (clearly an Americanized spelling based upon the sound of the name). So, spell it more like "Tetrault", but say it more like "Tatro". (Not perfect, but close.) A "Tathro" has also been noted and is not altogether unlikely to be related.
Timeline for Mary Tetrault
|86||Morris born||"June 9, 1886"||"Southbridge, Mass"||"Military registration card, Also birth certificate"|
|1891||estimated birth date||Massachusettes||Most consistant correlation||guess from 1910 census|
|1906||Marriage and birth of 1st child||"Married Aug 9, son born Aug 16"||Rhode Island||claims to be 18 years old (would be 15 if 1910 cenus is correct) Morris is 21 (19 if registration card and birth certificate)||Marriage index|
|1910||Shows up with Morris on census with son Thomas||Rhode Island||"Morris claims to be 22, Mary claims to be 19"||Census record|
|1917||Registration card for Morris||5-Jun-17||"Worcester, Mass"||"Morris is 30 years old, claims a wife and 10 year old child. Claims birth as June 9, 1886"||Registration Card|
|1920||Husband on census with new wife and 2 children||Massachusetts||2nd child is 7 months old- Mary is his mother. (per family knowledge) First son's age is 12 - meaning born in 1908 (wonder if they tell him this to hide the real facts around his birth)||Census record|
No record of Mary's death - she just disappears at this point.
- "Rhode Island Town Marriages Index, 1639-1916," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:F8KQ-15P : accessed 27 August 2017), Morris Gallinger and Mary Elizabeth Tetrault, 09 Aug 1906; citing Providence, Providence, Rhode Island, United States, town halls, Rhode Island, and Rhode Island Historical Society, Providence; FHL microfilm 14.
- Family History Library Film 1428245
- "Massachusetts Births and Christenings, 1639-1915," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FH71-P99 : 4 December 2014), Mary E. Tatro, 14 Aug 1890; citing Southbridge, Worcester, Massachusetts, v 405 p 430; FHL microfilm 1,428,245.
1910 U.S. Census
- Sturbridge, Worcester, Massachusetts
- Page 2A
- A Jacques (age: 67) and Amelia(52) Tetrault are listed with two sons, Alfred (21) and Joseph (17).
- This does not match well with either of the other two census record possibilities, but then, nothing seems to be adding up at all.
- It appears now that this is infact Mary's parents and older brothers. According to the information send to us by Eugene Tatro. Mary would be off and married at this point, so wouldn't show up in this census at home.
Thanks for e-mailing me. While I do have quite a large data base on the Tétreau/Tatro, etc. clan, there are quite a few that are not traceable back to Louis Tétreau because of a missing record, an incomplete record, or one that was not completely filled out in the first place. Unfortunately, your line is among these. I do have a Mary E Tatro born in Southbridge MA on 5 Aug 1890, her parents being Jacques and Amelia Simpson Gregoire who were married in Southbridge on 10 Oct 1887. It apparently was a 2nd marriage for both, as Amelia Gregoire's maiden name appears to be Simpson. The parents of Jacques are stated as Jacques and Sophia, but no maiden name for Sophia. It appears that he was married before to Sophie Lafforet (Laforest?) at Danielson CT on 17 Dec 1865, but there are no parents listed in this record. Jacques was born about 1845, no doubt in Canada. I scanned my data base for any Jacques born between 1840-1850 and came up empty. I'll keep my eyes open and if anything turns up in the future I'll be in touch.
Eugene R Tatro (Gene)