Source:Will of John Harvey Gallinger
This transcription of the will John Harvey Gallinger came from http://webhome.idirect.com/~griffish/gene/gall/wjhg.html
I Harvey Gallinger of the Township of Osnabruck in the County of Stormont, Province of Ontario. Yeoman do make and ordain this my last will and testament.
1. Subject to the bequests and provisions hereinafter made I give and bequeath unto my son Curtis Gallinger all the estate, real and personal, I may die possessed of.
2. I will and ordain that all my just debts funeral expenses and the expenses of executing this my last will and testament be paid out of said estate.
3. I will and ordain that each of my daughters Jannie Gallinger, Mary Helena Gallinger and Ellen Gallinger, shall receive out of said estate severally the sum of five hundred dollars and jointly the use and control of my dwelling house and all my household furniture and effects during the time of their natural life, and also to my said daughter Mary Helena Gallinger I further bequeath my bay colt now two years old past.
4. I will and ordain that my son curtis Gallinger shall keep my beforementioned dwelling house continually insured to the extent of at least five hundred dollars (including contents) and as this provision is intended to secure to my said daughters permanency of a home. I will and ordain that such secured sum of insurance in case of destruction by fire of said dwelling house and contents shall be payable to my said daughters. I further will and ordain that my said daughters shall have free of charge the use of a driving horse and suitable vehicle at their will and pleasure, and likewise a plot of ground for a garden each a cow furnished and fed and necessary fuel for warming the house and for domestic purpose furnished in a suitable condition I further will and ordain that my said daughters shall have to their own use and benefit one half of the apples raised and one half of the eggs gathered on the farm.
5. I give and bequeath unto my grandson Arthur Cook, a heifer now two years old past. I make constitute and appoint my son Allan Gallinger and my son in law Isaiah Fetterly executors of this my last Will and testament hereby revoking all wills heretofore by me made. In Witness whereof I the said Harvey Gallinger the testator have to this my last Will and testament set my hand and seal this 27th day of june 1891. Signed Harvey Gallinger. Signed by the said testator as and for his last Will and testament in the presence of us present at the same time who at his request in his presence and in the presence of each other have subscribed our names as witnesses Signed Geo. C. Tracy, Hezekiah Garlough.