Talk:Harold Gamaliel Lowe
- I'll have to ask Mom. I expect she has better documentation, but with his death being so recent, it may not be a good time to post source documents. It'll be good to document what the sources are at least. -Seanmcox 16:41, 16 November 2009 (UTC)
- I had Mom go look into her files and she found the middle name given as "Gamaliel" on his birth certificate as well as the birth certificates for Nancy and Kathy. I'll have to look into getting his birth certificate scanned in a year or so. -Seanmcox 03:19, 17 November 2009 (UTC)
I see you already updated new family search - thanks. He always pronounced it without the last "l" so I never thought to check it out. Poor form for a genealogist, mea culpa. He claims he was named after the Harold G. Lowe from the Titanic, supposedly a distant relative. I cannot find any connection. The Lowes were in Kentucky about the time Daniel Boone arrived. The Titanic Lowe lived in England. I think dad's family had a had a habit of making up things to suit their fancy. -User:Momcox (Added after-the-fact.)
- For clarity, it would be a good idea if you were to sign your comments. You can sign easily enough like this: ~~~~, (which can also be automatically inserted using the little signature button which is above the area where you edit the text) which for me becomes: Seanmcox 20:39, 17 November 2009 (UTC)
- You can also just write your name in.
- Anyhow, thanks for the documents you sent me and David. I wonder if David updated the name or if you simply have different views, or if you're even looking at the same version of the record. (Wasn't he not showing up publicly about a week or two ago? I guess that must have changed recently.) -Seanmcox 20:39, 17 November 2009 (UTC)