Thomas John Edwards
|Thomas John Edwards|
- 19 Apr 1840
- Ledbury, Herefordshire, England
- Thyphoid Pneumonia
- San Marcos Cemetery, San Marcos, Hays Co., Texas
A Painter. Owned an art studio on Piccadilly Square in London. Often sickly, died young (60+ does not seem particularly young, though not particularly old either) - likely from lead posioning from his paints.
Often spent time away from his shop "daydreaming". Not good about supporting the family.
Emigrated in 1879.
Surname inherited from mother. (Illegitimate child. Father unknown.)
Changed surname to Richardson when he came to America.
Search of county records in December 2016 failed to turn up a death record.
Thomas's mother was born in England and is reported to have been a maid in the house of a wealthy family, where she was likely to have encountered Thomas's father.
- Dorothy Langdon Ivey's Historical Notes Circa 1980: Thomas John Edwards and Mary Ann Jones
- A Small Note Made by Dorothy Langdon Ivey Regarding Mary Ann Jones
1900 U.S. Census - San Marcos Township, Hays County, Texas, Page 12 of 52
- 1880 U.S. Census
- E.D. 28, Luling, Caldwell, Texas, Page 244C
- Thomas Richardson, Self, Married, Male, White, age:40, born in England (parents also), occupation: Painter
- Ernest H. Richardson, Son, Single, Male, White, age:10, born in England (parents also), occupation: At Home
- M.A. Richardson, Self, Married, Female, White, age:38, born in England (parents also), occupation: Milennor
- Mabel E. Richardson, Daughter, Single, Female, White, age:3, born in England (parents also), occupation:
- All that was viewed was the index. Thomas is listed on the same page as his wife, but his wife is listed as head of a separate family, per the index. Thomas has son Ernest with him, while his wife has daughter, Mabel.